Faith Stories by the Discipleship Stages
Participants will understand the stages of faith and their descriptions, articulate their home stage, and identify appropriate practices for their growth and development as disciples according to their stage of faith.
Stages of Faith
The Stages of Faith Conference is designed for all adults in the congregation. Participants will learn:
The stages of faith Jesus used with his disciples.
The stages of faith and the wall today for disciples.
Defining characteristics of each stage.
Why one stage isn't better than another.
The C.O.R.E. elements of an excellent definition of discipleship.
Each participant identifies which stage is their current home stage.
Each participant identifies their best next steps for spiritual growth.
How to chronicle their "stages of faith" testimony.
Sample Schedule Day 1
Friday Evening (7-9 pm)
- 6:30 – Registration opens
- 6:30-7:00 – Snacks served
- 7:00 – Worship
- 7:15 – Introductions
- 7:30 – Session One
- Jesus’ last will and testament
- The stages of faith Jesus used with his disciples.
- The stages of faith and the wall today for disciples.
- Description of the four stages of faith and characteristics that make each stage unique.
- Why the stages perspective works.
- What it means to be “housed” in a stage.
Sample Schedule Day 2
- 8:00 – Continental Breakfast
- 8:15 – Testimonies (in light of the stages of faith)
- Four options in different rooms; select church leaders and members to share personal “stages of faith” testimony.
- 8:45 – Worship
- 9:00 – Opening Prayer
- 9:05 – Session Two
- In groups of 3 – discuss what each of you liked best of session one, the leadership panel, taking the stages of faith assessment, or staff testimonies.
- Stuck in a stage…what does it look/feel like?
- Needs or questions of each stage.
- Size of groups/community that is most helpful at different stages.
- Review the assessment.
- Identify your home stage in this season of life.
- In groups of 3 again, discuss: what of this teaching makes your results make sense?
- 10:00 – Break
- 10:15 – Breakout Session #1: Going deep into the stages
- 11:15 – Breakout Session #2 (options include):
- Supporting your spouse in a different stage.
- God language/spiritual pathways for self-awareness.
- Going deeper with stage three and the wall.
- What to expect from spiritual direction?
- 12:00 – Transition back to the sanctuary
- 12:05 – Response and Highlights from conference attendees
- 12:15 – Next step instructions
- 12:20 – Final Wrap-up from Senior Pastor
The typical cost of bringing the Stages of Faith congregational conference to your church ranges between $2,800 – $5,200.